Sunday, January 13, 2013

Packing Up, Moving, and Adventuring

I, Katie, am moving into an apartment tomorrow morning.

Whaaaat.

So before that amazingness happens, I figured I would blog about some of the crazy stuff that has been going on the past few days.

Last week was my little sister's basketball game (wooo warriors!!), they kicked butt. 


Theennnn! on Ohursday, James and I went to the Crown Center ice terrace with his sister (my new roomie!),  and her boyfriend/soulmate, Matt. 

A couple of kids in love
It was the best of times; even though there were some falls that may or may not have been wipeouts (Iwon't say who did what...). But despite slips, we all had a blast! 


As I was skating or gliding (whatever you want to call my attempt at ice skating) on the ice I felt the cool winter breeze we get in Missouri on my face. and i was so happy. Not just the simple, "oh, I am so happy, my goodness!" feeling, But the filled-to-the-brim, "I'm gonna overflow with joy" feeling. 
It was so good.


I am about to take on the biggest responsibility and ticket to independence so far in my life...which is sorta terrifying. I am sheltered, and probably spoiled because I have lived in the same house for fourteen years, with full support from my parents. And while I will not be wholly independent when I move into the apartment tomorrow, I will be sleeping in a strange place of my own. But, my roommates and I are determined to make our apartment a welcoming, loving home for everyone who enters. And that goal is such a beautiful thing to focus on, and I couldn't feel more blessed to have met two faith-filled girls such as them. Photos from the move will be up later this week, and then you'll see their lovely faces :)

So here I go! Next time I post on here, It will be from the kitchen table or cozy living room of my new home....oh my that sounds so perfect. 

Eagerly and patiently awaiting this adventure,

k


"When hard pressed, I cried to the Lord; he brought me into a spacious place. The Lord is with me; I will not be afraid."
Psalm 118: 5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment