Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Those Summer Nights

The summer months are finally here in Kansas City, but of course, in true Midwest style, the weather hasn't quite got the message that it's the middle of June. Rain and clouds seem to be this month's norm, which has been perfect for post-shift snoozes and sleeping in on lazy days. I've been working twice a week, a nice change, making the weekends spent with loved ones even sweeter.

There have been quite a few adventures this summer already, I've been spending time with my family, James, his family, and our friends to celebrate, relax, and laugh. At the end of May, my sisters and I spent a few days in St. Louis with Marie, a much needed girls getaway. We visited the Children's Museum, which was definitely meant more for children rather than three sisters in college, but it was too bizarre of a place to pass up! We also stopped by Forest Park, walked around the History Museum and the Art Museum a bit (side note: who knew this Degas was there??). We couldn't explore everything STL had to offer, but that gives us more of a reason to go back while Marie is at school!




Friday family fun nights have fully kicked off, proving to be the best place to be on a Friday night, no doubt about that! We've already had a carnival themed night, and I'll be honest, my homemade funnel cakes could take any festival stand's powdered treats. 

My dad, Maggie and I also were able to go to Alabama Shakes at Starlight Theater a few weeks ago, a killer performance I know my sister and dad loved. 



This summer has been pretty busy already, and its only June! Which sounds so great by the way. Senior year is awaiting us in the fall, which holds its own promises of joy, anxiety, fear and growth. With these truths in the open, I am so happy to be able to go through this present season slowly, enjoying each moment it offers.

"Now hope that is seen is not hope. For who hopes for what he sees? But if we hope for what we do not see, we wait for it with patience. Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness..." Romans 8: 24-26

No comments:

Post a Comment