Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Seeking Truth

The beginning of summer flew by, and with the beginning of my senior year a little over a month away, the changes that have come since January and the end of the school year have been on my mind quite frequently. Reigniting immense gratitude for those around me, and God's will despite my own desires.

Moving home six months ago has been one of God's biggest shockers/blessings in disguise to come to me in a long time. The relationships in my life have molded into these slightly different, more wholesome versions of what they used to be, and I know and believe that's God's purpose shining through. Those closest to me have withstood some crazy stressful and honestly bizarre moments, a major confirmation to me that together we can withstand whatever comes our way, and that moving home was the best decision.


So with this new found peace moving home has brought, I've also been able to do some personal "upkeep." I've found that writing out my thoughts gives me a lot of peace and clarification, something that being an over-thinker, I just flat out adore. When I don't express my thoughts in someway, they're bound to overflow: be it in an argument over small details, anxiously wanting the future, losing motivation, or damaging relationships. I have wasted so much energy being upset over things I don't even care that much about, a pattern I am determined to change.

One of the paths towards this has been in seeking the truths of God, of the Church. Some days are more fruitful than others, but the big goal I aim for is to not only be a Catholic woman who knows her stuff, but to be a woman who if she doesn't know the answer, at least knows where to start looking. Who seeks the Lord before the world, and ends her day praising Him for His blessings, sacrifice, and the chance to choose love.

I am growing, learning, and right now slightly overtired and over-caffeinated. But I also have an immense sense of joy, peace and faith because of God's always loving presence in my life. If I take anything away from the first half of this year, its that God's will, when given full trust, is more perfect than anything I could ever want.

"And after you have suffered for a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, support, strengthen and establish you." 1 Peter 5: 10

No comments:

Post a Comment